REAR WINDOW – SPECIAL EDITION
In this suspenseful story in which the Master of Suspense reveals both the fascination and the consequences of voyeurism, a professional photographer (James Stewart) suspects his neighbor of murdering his nagging wife based on conjecture while observing through his window across the courtyard. He enlists his socialite girlfriend (Grace Kelly) to help investigate the suspicious chain of events. Honored in one of AFI’s “100 Years … 100 Movies” for excellence in film, Rear Window has also been hailed as “one of Alfred
Hitchcock’s most stylish thrillers” (Leonard Maltin’s Classic Movie Guide). With indepth bonus features and a digitally remastered picture, this cinematic masterpiece succeeds in drawing the audience in as accomplice at first, then as prey to the proceedings as the hunter becomes the hunted.
• *Audio Commentary: Feature-length audio commentary with John Fawell (author of Hitchcock’s Rear Window: The Well-Made Film)
• *Pure Cinema: Through the Eyes of the Master: A look at Alfred Hitchcock’s greatest sequences and the virtuoso filmmaking techniques behind them.
• *Breaking Barriers: The Sound of Hitchcock: An examination of Alfred
Hitchcock’s innovative use of sound throughout his films.
• * François Truffaut Interviews Alfred Hitchcock: Excerpts from a 1962 audio interview with Alfred Hitchcock.
• *Alfred Hitchcock Presents “Mr. Blanchard’s Secret”: A full-length episode from Season 2 of Alfred Hitchcock’s landmark TV series.
• Rear Window Ethics: An Original Documentary: An in-depth documentary on Alfred Hitchcock’s voyeuristic masterpiece.
• A Conversation with the Screenwriter John Michael Hayes: Rear Window’s
screenwriter reflects on the making of the film.
• Production Photographs: View publicity photos featuring the cast.
• Production Notes: Read an essay on the making of the film.
• Theatrical Trailer: Watch the original promotional trailer from the film’s theatrical campaign.
• Re-Release Trailer: Watch the promotional trailer created for the re-release of the film narrated by James Stewart.
*Bonus feature is new to this edition.
CAST AND FILMMAKERS
Directed By: Alfred Hitchcock
Written By: John Michael Hayes (Screenplay), Cornell Woolrich (Short Story)
Produced By: James C. Katz
Director of Photography: Robert Burks
Edited By: George Tomasini
Costume Designer: Edith Head
Original Music By: Franz Waxman
Cast: James Stewart, Grace Kelly, Wendell Corey, Raymond Burr, Thelma Ritter
Street Date: October 7, 2008
Pre-Order Close: September 2, 2008
Copyright: 2008 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.
Selection Number: 61102353
Running Time: 1 Hour, 55 Minutes
Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen (1.66:1)
Technical Info: English and French Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono; English SDH; French and Spanish Subtitles